Eric Teo is the Head of Business Valuation and Advisory, South East Asia. He has over 25 years of professional experience, acts as Consultant to organisations and also serves as an Adjunct Associate Professor/Faculty at various universities.
Prior to this, Eric has worked for Ernst & Young (EY) Transaction Advisory Services Group in both the Singapore and Australia practices. His professional experience includes providing advice in relation to corporate strategy and governance, investments and divestitures, fairness opinions and business valuation. Eric has worked with companies from various industries and his clients include SMEs, GLCs, MNCs, public listed groups, professional bodies and regulatory agencies. He has led in transactions relating to shareholder disputes and litigation support, tax planning and compliance, restructuring, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions and financial reporting. At present, Eric is the Chairman of the International Valuation Standards Council’s (IVSC) Membership and Standards Recognition Board. The IVSC is the global organisation, based in London, which produces the International Valuation Standards (IVS) for the valuation profession. He is also the Founding Chairman of the Council of the Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore (IVAS). Eric currently sits on the Board of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, a statutory board of the Ministry of Law.
- Business valuation for all purposes
- Strategic planning and transformation
- Corporate governance
- Investments, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Bachelor of Economics. University of Western Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, FINSIA
- Master of Business Administration, Curtin University
Certifications and Memberships
- Chartered Accountant (Singapore)
- Chartered Accountant (Australia and New Zealand)
- CPA (Australia)
- Chartered Valuer and Appraiser (Singapore)
- Senior Fellow of Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)