Kok Hong was the sole proprietor of a company that specialised in the management of condominiums and shopping centres. His company merged with Savills in 2011 to become Savills Property Management.
In 1995, Kok Hong founded Chan Kok Hong Property Consultants Pte Ltd which became the largest privately owned strata management company in Singapore. The company was merged with Savills Property Management in 2011 and Kok Hong has remained as the Managing Director, overseeing a portfolio of over 40,000 units in 135 buildings in Singapore. Prior to this, he was a pioneer in the management of strata titled shopping centres under the Land Titles (Strata) Act, a new legislation passed in 1970. Kok Hong was also with Jones Lang Wootton (now Jones Lang Lasalle) for 13 years leaving as Executive Director.
- PD Building Management
- BSc, Estate Management
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Fellow Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers, Member
- Association of Strata Managers, President
- Management of Strata Condominiums, Shopping Centres & Industrial Buildings
- Compiling Building Defects Survey
- Development Management
- Mediator for Settlement of Defects Claims
- Adjunct Lecturer on Property Legislation at BCA Academy
- Consultant on Management & Setting Up of Multi-tier Management Corporation